No matter what you want to accomplish in life, there two things that will ultimately determine your success or failure.
- Your Desire to Get It. How bad do you want it? Are you willing to put it all on the line? Are you willing to invest everything? Will you risk failure for a shot at success?
- Your Ability to Follow Through. Will you see it through to the end? Will you continue your course of action regardless of your owns doubts, the the obstacles in front of you, the opposition from others or any adversity you encounter?
Wishing or hoping that something happens will never be enough. Your ability to get what you want will be determined by your willingness to pay the price for it.
You can begin to understand the type of focus and commitment that will be required of you by studying what others have done to achieve their goals. If you think you can get by with anything less, remember that you will get exactly what you earn.
Take a look at these two videos of Guns n Roses performing Paradise City. The first is from 1986. This was before the record deal, before the music videos, before anybody knew who they were.
At this point in their lives, these guys literally had nothing. They worked minimum wage jobs to support themselves, but they had made a commitment that they would follow their path to the end no matter what.
The second is from 1991. This was after they had fully realized their vision of who they were and where they were going. In five years, they went from just another band in the L.A. club scene to the biggest rock act in the world.
Do you have a clear idea of where you want to go? Well, the next five years of your life will pass whether you’re ready for it or not.
- Can you visualize yourself actually getting what you want?
- Do you believe in yourself and your abilities? Enough to follow your path to the end no matter what happens?
- Do you want to go to Paradise City or do you want to watch somebody else do it?